This month’s blog carnival is hosted by Rainy Day Art who posed an appropriate question: What are your goals?
I have thought of nothing else for weeks. I am in an uncomfortable position. I love Etsy. I love knitting. I am however struggling to make knitted items that can be marketed every season and items that are affordable.
This struggle has forced me to think realistically about my shops. Which leads me to goals I feel might work.
– Start from scratch. This is in reference to my work process which starts out on knitting needles. I want to start each bag from a pattern and that way there are no “OOAK” bags that although unique triple my actual work load.
– Wake up early. Each day is a negotiation between how much sleep I ought to get and how much work I can fit into each available hour. Life would be much easier if I just woke up at a decent time.
– Take a break. Sometimes I have a lot of stress. As fortune would have it I have taken my hobby and turned it into a business. I need a new hobby.
– Stop fighting my desires. I am a filmmaker. I have stories that need to be told. I am currently working on a basic no frills film treatment.
– Work like mad. This winter I want to fill up both my shops with knitted goods.
I gotta run.
My parents are coming up to visit me this weekend. I have a lot of cooking planned. This Sunday I will be cooking a feast for Father’s day.
Have a great weekend!